Physical Therapists at Group Health combine hands-on medical care with personalized instruction to help you recover from, prevent or manage your health condition so you can function optimally.
Our physical therapists will examine you and develop a plan of care designed to help you reduce pain, restore function and prevent disability. Using patient education, therapeutic exercise, hands-on treatment techniques and other treatment modalities, our therapists partner with you on your road to recovery.
Our physical therapists also can help you prevent loss of mobility and motion by developing a fitness- and wellness-oriented program tailored to your specific needs.
Meet Group Health's physical therapists.
Group Health Physical Therapists help optimize your recovery from:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Post Surgical rehabilitation
- Lower Extremity Pain/Injury
- Upper Extremity Pain/Injury
- Wrist and hand
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Overuse injuries
- Difficulty with walking and mobility
- Balance disorders
- Neurologic conditions
- Additional miscellaneous physical therapy issues
Special therapy for women's needs
Group Health also provides expert physical therapy for women of all ages. Our highly trained women’s health physical therapist specializes in the management of difficult-to-treat medical conditions that impact women, including:
- Low back and/or pubic pain during pregnancy and post-partum
- Weakness in abdominal and/or pelvic floor muscles caused by pregnancy and delivery
- Unwanted loss of urine and/or feces
- Pelvic pain, including pain above the pubic bone, pain in the vagina and/or rectum, and pain with intercourse
- Constipation, urinary urgency, and pain with urination and/or bowel movements
- Symptoms caused by scar tissue from C-section(s) or other abdominal surgeries
Women’s health physical therapy addresses all of these issues with an individualized treatment program that improves the strength and flexibility of pelvic floor and/or abdominal muscles.
Another specialty is prenatal exercise, expertly developed and safe fitness programs to meet each patient’s needs.
Physical therapists see patients at four locations: Anderson, Clifton, Kenwood, West Chester
Extended office hours are available.