Walk-in Flu Shot Clinics Start Oct. 22
CDC POSTED: 09-09-19
No appointment needed on select evenings, Saturdays
Group Health will again staff special walk-in flu shot clinics for patients from Oct. 22 through Nov. 23, 2019.
Both adults and children may get shots during the clinics, which will be open:
- Tuesdays, 5:30 to 7 p.m. – at Anderson, Clifton, Mason
- Wednesdays, 5:30 to 7 p.m. – at Finneytown
- Thursdays, 5:30 to 7 p.m. - at Kenwood, West Chester
- Thursdays, 6 to 8 p.m. - at Western Hills
- Saturdays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – at a Centers: Anderson, Clifton, Finneytown, Kenwood, Mason, West Chester, Western Hills
Most insurance plans cover the cost of flu vaccines. Patients may also request a flu shot at any regular visit.
The Centers for Disease Control recommend that everyone at least 6 months of age get a flu shot every flu season, which typically runs from October to May. Flu shots reduce the chances of contracting the flu and spreading the virus to others.
For more information about the flu vaccine, visit the CDC.