Facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons at Group Health specialize in the removal, repair, restoration or improvement of the skin and external features resulting from disease, cancer, injury or birth defects.
Facial plastic surgery is often performed to treat birth defects and remove skin abnormalities such as melanoma, other skin cancers, warts, acne scars or birthmarks. Reconstructive surgery can be used to reconstruct and rebuild defects caused by removal of skin lesions, applying all the facial plastic surgery principles to reconstruction.
Expertise in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Two Group Health physicians specialize in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. The department has expertise in:
- Botox injections
- Cellulitis (infection of the skin)
- Eyelid surgery
- Face lift and forehead lift
- Facial fractures
- Facial paralysis/Bell’s Palsy
- Mohs surgery for removing basal cell and squamous cell cancers
- Reconstruction of external deformity of the nose
- Scar revision
- Skin cancer surgery
- Surgery for correction of protruding ears
- Wrinkle fillers