Family medicine physicians at Group Health specialize in comprehensive and ongoing medical care for the individual and the family. Family medicine encompasses family members of all ages and both genders. Family medicine doctors provide consistent care in the context of the family and the community.
Expertise in Family Medicine
Six Group Health physicians specialize in family medicine. The department has expertise in:
- Acute, chronic and preventive medical care services
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness
- Health-risk assessments
- Immunization and screening tests
- Management of chronic illnesses and coordination of specialist care
- Personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Preventive care
- Routine checkups
Group Health Providers in the News:
- Why Are Flu Vaccines Important?
- Ask the Expert: How to Find a New Doctor
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: How to Help Prevent the Spread